Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Public

Public

Please enter your display name

MattysEdits

MattysEdits unban request (EU TDM server)

Hi,

Some of you may remember me from your US server when I was asking for help making an account. For some reason the system was not working and would not send a confirmation e-mail this past week but it seems it is back working today.

I only downloaded WaW a week ago so I am very new but I have been playing CoD4 and making videos on it since release (yes, as one of those pesky quickscopers). I was banned on your EU TDM server under the name 'MattysEdits'. I was not informed or warned why I was getting banned but after reading your post on reload cancelling I think it is most likely that was the reason I was banned. If I was banned for any reason other than reload cancelling then I know it was a mistake since I am known in the whole 'CoD PC YouTube sniping community' to be very against hacking (unlike most haha).

I did not know about this rule (I am not sure if the console posts it in the chat on your server or not). I spoke to an admin on your US server about getting an unban and they seemed to have trouble finding the reason I was banned. They also mentioned that reload cancelling was a temp ban which makes no sense because I have been banned like a week now.

Like I said, I did not know about the rule so I apologise and would appreciate the unban. I've been playing in the US server on and off the past few days and no one seems to have a problem with it (except me because of the ping).

Thanks guys,

Matty

You were informed wrong. Reload cancelling leads to permanent ban as well as any animation cancelling that gives advantage to you over others. I assume you had disabled the console and that's why you didn't read any of the warnings. With all that said, I dont think having console enabled and having to bare without any reload cancel would be ideal for your videos. Sorry, your ban can't be lifted.

59 minutes ago, [PDE]Kokomaaab said:

You were informed wrong. Reload cancelling leads to permanent ban as well as any animation cancelling that gives advantage to you over others. I assume you had disabled the console and that's why you didn't read any of the warnings. With all that said, I dont think having console enabled and having to bare without any reload cancel would be ideal for your videos. Sorry, your ban can't be lifted.

I can assume from that that you are not aware of demo recording. This is a way of playing back clips (like theatre) mode and allows me to turn up the graphics settings and remove the chat etc.

In regard to whether playing your server is "ideal for my videos", the PTRS is able to 'stack' without any kind of reload cancelling 'exploit' making it possible to hit +40s and +50s etc. Even so, it is obscure to ban someone based on the assumption that their experience will not be suitable for posting on their YouTube channel?

I have cg_chattime set quite low in my gaming cfg so message in the chatbox fade out a lot quicker than default since i play on a small resolution and it takes up a lot of the screen. This is why I probably did not see the rule advertised (if it even is).

On a final note, I think you are completely absurd for not banning players on all your servers and just on one. This is so flawed. As a result I have been lefting playing on your North American server all week when I am from the UK.

I would still appreciate the unban since I was not aware of the rule and NA ping is killing me.

Thanks,

Matty

17 hours ago, MattysEdits said:

I would still appreciate the unban since I was not aware of the rule

EU6g1iQ.gif

I'm sure it's been said before, negligence isn't a reason to unban.

On 04/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, Han'na-Hiru said:

EU6g1iQ.gif

So you'll give a player a second chance by letting them play on another one of your servers but not the same server? It makes no sense?

If you're that stubborn you won't unban players when they weren't aware of the rules then why let them play on your US server?... It's just a contradiction?

On 04/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, Han'na-Hiru said:

EU6g1iQ.gif

Once a cheater, always a cheater, right? So why let me play without cheating all week on your US server?

These people are dumb bro just go elsewhere .  Bunch of people who dont know anything about cod never played comp nor do they know anything about promod . Everyone here is on a power trip making up bogus rules cause they hate when they get beat . I hate bad players who just complain and make excuses, anyone whos good they call a cheater and ban . idiots banning people off a 10 year old game

54 minutes ago, twitch.tv/cod4olympian said:

They banned you for a mechanic thats been in the game since COD1 AKA vcod . literally idiots bro

Ii agree that the rule is stupid, but its their rule and unfortunately when we play on their servers we have to follow their rules. I am fine with this.

What I am not fine with is how they are so stubborn they don't give someone a second chance when they didn't know about the rule. Like you say this is something that has been in every call of duty since cod1 and is not in anyway a 'hack' or 'glitch' its just a game mechanic. Because of this, the rule is very specific to PDE servers and I've never played on any other server that has this same rule.

I just think its pretty unreasonable to not give a second chance on such a specific rule, I'm not sure how people with chatbox disabled are supposed to know about it? (mine is not disabled but on a low chat_time so I may not have seen). On every other server I've played on, admins kick players to get their attention if they're ignoring the chat and then they ban them if they ignore admins. I've been nothing but respectful so it's a joke that I'm still banned really.

I understand why cod4olympian might get banned because I was in the game when he was spamming his twitch after being told not to do so. But I don't understand why you'd ban me when I've not knowingly done anything wrong?

In my opinion he should get a second chance. We have rules on the server and those that refuse to play by them are banned, but If they can be made to follow the rules by giving a warning, I don't think a ban is then necessary. Only after they ignore the warnings.

Besides, he is still able to play on the US server and hasnt been doing it there since the ban.

Also the the relode cancle is an exploit, there already is a designated perk for quicker reloading.

And twitch.tv, you already got your 2nd chance, so don't insult the clan on their own fourm because you wasted it.

Edited by [ICE]FrostMourn
  • Upvote 1

First of all, you should have been banned on both servers. Its probably a mistake by the admin who banned you. Banned players get banned on both servers. Now if the admin who banned you had decided to unban you it's another issue. 

As for for the other guy, you should not even stay here. This is not a place for you. Just by your response: they ban people on a 10 year old game, just shows how stupid you are. This clan is mostly dedicated to this 10 year old game. The reason you are not banned after insulting this community is because we are not dictators or power diggers. In the time being I would like to ask the administators to ban him from the forums. 

6 hours ago, [PDE]Kokomaaab said:

First of all, you should have been banned on both servers. Its probably a mistake by the admin who banned you. Banned players get banned on both servers. Now if the admin who banned you had decided to unban you it's another issue.

One of my friends played WaW PC when it was released for a short time and has not played it since.

At the same time as I downloaded the game for the first time a week or so ago, he decided to reinstall the game with his original keycode and found that he was still banned on your EU TDM server but not banned on your US TDM server.

He doesn't know what the ban was for since it will have happened many years ago now and it's irrelevant but it proves that there is clearly some mis-communication among your admins about banning on one or both servers. We've both played on your US server this past week with no trouble so there is clearly some issue with your system.

Just to clarify, I'm not asking for my friend to be unbanned as well and for privacy reasons I'm not going to disclose his name. He has recently bought a new copy of the game so he can play on all servers (including your EU server). He is a friend and I know he doesn't hack so you have nothing to be worried about.

1 hour ago, MattysEdits said:

but it proves that there is clearly some mis-communication among your admins about banning on one or both servers. We've both played on your US server this past week with no trouble so there is clearly some issue with your system.

Server #2 didn't even exist so many years ago so obviously he is not banned there. Also, for example if admin bans a player on server 1 for cheating, he CAN'T ban the same player on server 2 if he has never played/connected there before, that is why in many cases the cheaters are banned on only one server until they are later seen on the other one.

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

1 hour ago, Embahh said:

Server #2 didn't even exist so many years ago so obviously he is not banned there. Also, for example if admin bans a player on server 1 for cheating, he CAN'T ban the same player on server 2 if he has never played/connected there before, that is why in many cases the cheaters are banned on only one server until they are later seen on the other one.

I see. I didn't know this, sorry.

Good lord dude calm down... First off, any chance you had to get unbanned, however miniscule, is gone.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, twitch.tv/cod4olympian said:

Bunch of people who dont know anything about cod never played comp nor do they know anything about promod .

Do not know how in the world this ties in with this guys ban appeal, much less comp or promod.

"Everyone here is on a power trip making up bogus rules cause they hate when they get beat . I hate bad players who just complain and make excuses, anyone whos good they call a cheater and ban . idiots banning people off a 10 year old game "

Power trip, how convenient that they are the ones on power trips, but it seems you have your own little journey too with the "Im holding you offline" crap. And the "I hate bad players who just complain and make excuses", I don't see any bad players here trying to make excuses. I see good/fairly decent players trying to deal with some guy who broke the rules, however "bogus" they are, and continues to argue, name-call, and now with threats to keep a member offline because he got banned.

If anyone here is an idiot, it's you.

8 hours ago, TaterWhacker said:

Good lord dude calm down... First off, any chance you had to get unbanned, however miniscule, is gone.

I'm hoping this first part was directed at cod4olympian as well otherwise I'm baffled

Oh don't you worry mate, the whole reply is directed at him.

I banned him he is off the forums now

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

12 hours ago, [PDE]Scrinn said:

I banned him he is off the forums now

Any chance a decision can be made about me some time soon?

We are having some technical difficulties on s1 so, even if a decision is made, you may have to wait a while for an unban.

Sorry.

I played on server #1 for a few hours tonight and seems admin commands are back (saw morgan banning some kids). I hope this doesn't take too much longer

If the ban was only for  Rule #9: No Reload Cancels/Glitch Shooting , and he did not know about the rule, I think he deserves a second change. I have seen him play on server 2 a lot anyways and he doesn't do that anymore.

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

14 hours ago, Embahh said:

If the ban was only for  Rule #9: No Reload Cancels/Glitch Shooting , and he did not know about the rule, I think he deserves a second change. I have seen him play on server 2 a lot anyways and he doesn't do that anymore.

since i've known i've pretty much only used the ptrs on your server just to make sure

23 hours ago, MattysEdits said:

since i've known i've pretty much only used the ptrs on your server just to make sure

I was banned for reload cancelling and was only using ptrs

Using PTRS does not exclude anyone from the rule about glitches or reload cancel. Actually its mostly there because of people using reload cancels with PTRS.

I am not saying you was reload canceling. If you think you didnt. Make your ban appeal if you didnt already.