Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

CoD 5 World at War windows 10

LoneWolf89

Question

Posted (edited)

Good Afternoon everyone,

I played CoD 5 World at War years ago and I have it on DVD-ROM. I tried installing it on Windows 10 and I am getting errors like specified device not found etc.

Has anyone installed it on windows 10 from DVD? Or am I out of luck?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by LoneWolf89
more info

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf89 said:

I have do a clean install of windows 10 and all my drivers etc. It still does, I am assuming It is the newer version of windows 10 I have which is 2004. If I can get it on steam can I back up my retail profile and stats to steam so I dont have to level up again and keep my rank? @[PDE]Herz Vaalheit@[PDE]Embahh

Thanks all for you assistance.

Profile rank and settings/classes are kept locally compared to new CoDs that are in the cloud

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players and you'll want to copy the profile folder

Star+Trek+Discovery+1x09+Into+the+Forest

Thanks Guys. no luck in fixing may have to grab WaW when it goes on sale on steam

I don't have the cd version personally, but I do know many are still using it on windows 10 so you must have done something wrong while installing

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

I tried my best I'm not sure how they have issue. Back in 2015 windows 10 1511 I have no issue installing. Maybe they did it wrongly yeah. It's also i7 4710hq got 840m 4gb ddr3 HDD 5400 rpm and dvd drive. I'm guessing either major update block or messed their files. I usually clean install.

This is his issue Screenshot_20200804-130008_Chrome.jpg

So basically no permission we tried under setup security make sure full control but it seems no help for him. Its Windows broken. Tried Unplugging also the same, as for drivers im not sure which one he got but that might be the issue too, driver is instruction so if its written wrongly it becomes like this.

https://www.techinpost.com/the-system-cannot-read-from-the-specified-device/ also this error also include files dragging to desktop won't help. because its either the main DVD Drive got issue or drivers and running as administrator won't help.. But to be frank DVD are getting old, i ask him to get steam on sale for better experience it also install faster

I have do a clean install of windows 10 and all my drivers etc. It still does, I am assuming It is the newer version of windows 10 I have which is 2004. If I can get it on steam can I back up my retail profile and stats to steam so I dont have to level up again and keep my rank? @[PDE]Herz Vaalheit@[PDE]Embahh

Thanks all for you assistance.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, the_slim_reefer said:

I think I've seen @Nicktator mention that he uses the CD version... maybe he can bring some insight to this??

Well I used to, but then my computer's disk tray broke so I haven't actually used the CD itself in months. I just access the client through the files. As far as wolf's problem goes i don't know, I'm not good with computers unfortunately

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

I used to (and still do in some cases) backup my games and I have two versions of a backup for WAW, which is one whole image beyond the size of a regular DVD and another custom backup split into two DVDs. I don't know if what I'm saying helps or if I'm just adding experience, but you can try making a disk image copy (.iso/.img) of your DVD and see if it creates errors writing the copy to your hard disk or see if it has errors installing from the copy.

I also have my install from way back on Windows 7 or XP, but I make a copy of its registry (a bit more technical) and reapply that registry in Win10 to make things work again. I have had a few issues when testing Win10 years ago with certain things and WAW was one of them.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^