Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sign In

Sign In

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

[PDE]Embahh

WaW Servers General Feedback / Suggestions

13 minutes ago, the_slim_reefer said:

Disagree here.  Its really helpful for rooting out campers if you can manage to just bum rush into their spot

True, but thats the price you pay unfortunately.  You know they're there and they're going to fuck you.  This game's marty grenades have a longer fuse and a lot less power than other titles like MW and MW2 so it personally doesn't bother me too much and I don't feel too bad for those who can't avoid them, even when its myself sometimes.

which is why i like to use it.  I usually have about 20 deaths per game, sometimes less sometimes more, so is it really helping me vs steady aim? no not really.  Its more amusing to me as someone who watches the killcam tho and seeing the killscore pop up.  People whine when I've had steady aim on, people whine when I have marty; they're going to whine no matter what.

I already hit on this, but again CoD4 grenades are basically mini-nukes.  They're much more powerful, they have a shorter fuse, and the maps are smaller.  I totally agree with disabling them on that game.

It shouldn't help good players.  Good players don't need the help, they already have the advantage over lesser players.  Players like Fragimus and ZefrTV come in and clear out the server sometimes because they're so far above almost everyone else.  Take out marty and the lesser players who DO stick around, are less inclined to do stick it out.  Frag and Zefr will literally clear the lobbies without martyrdom.  So yea, it does exist to give cheap kills to bad players. so what? would you rather have no players at all? If it bruises your ego that a lesser player can get a cheap kill on you, then too bad, thats what its there for.  You already have the skill advantage over them.  You need to give these players SOME incentive to stick around.  They manage to hang in there going 18-45, I think you can deal with a few marty deaths while going 55-18

Not a bruised ego, just mildly irritating. I'm not sure that Martyrdom actually helps player count, but I'll take your word for it. Y'all are obviously much more experienced in running a server than I am.

You're right that I probably deserve a song on the world's smallest violin. It just seems to the untrained eye like Martyrdom is more of an annoyance than a necessary evil. But again, I'll take your word for it.

My only irritations when it comes to martyrdom or just grenades in general is I don't have a grenade indicator half the time

Peace Through POWER

5 hours ago, Mike_J92 said:

this is how you turn the game into instagib since these already have high damage

bitching about campers is not killing campers, do one or the other

other suggestions require mods which makes me wonder if you dont want to just play a different game

I do support idea of Recon Plane being 5 kills tho, but not sure if its doable

You make a good point about my suggestion to raise the damage profile for the rifles, fair enough.

I wasn't "bitching" about campers, i was just offering a suggestion that had been implemented in later games (in one form or another) to great affect.

I didn't realise that so many of the suggestions would require mods, im not terribly familiar with the game's engine. Like i say in my comment, i was merely making suggestions based on my limited knowledge.

I think the recon plane change would be beneficial.

I must say, i still think that there should be a variety of game modes on offer. I know that one could always find another server that does offer these game modes, but surely the point of this discussion is to come up with ideas for changes to PDE servers in order to make them more attractive. If that is the point, as i suspect, then surely a suggestion like that should be embraced and thoroughly considered rather than just saying that other servers offer it?

Please don't read my comment as sarcastic or anything, I've limited working knowledge of these servers and im just trying to be helpful and constructive.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Trigun_Vash said:

I must say, i still think that there should be a variety of game modes on offer. I know that one could always find another server that does offer these game modes, but surely the point of this discussion is to come up with ideas for changes to PDE servers in order to make them more attractive.

I, along with several other people, have recently begun having massive ping issues on server 2. I'm almost positive the problems are not on my end. I don't know if it's because of an increase in stress on the server or something, but I can't get below 150 ping. My ping on server 1 remains unchanged (but still unplayable since it's in Europe).

3 hours ago, GrassyNole said:

I, along with several other people, have recently begun having massive ping issues on server 2. I'm almost positive the problems are not on my end. I don't know if it's because of an increase in stress on the server or something, but I can't get below 150 ping. My ping on server 1 remains unchanged (but still unplayable since it's in Europe).

There is not a lot of information here, If you are trying to get help put in the game issue post or computer issue, this is wrong area. I don't have issue playing at 240 ping.

PC Specs:

Internet Specs:

Peripherals:

4 hours ago, GrassyNole said:

I know what you mean. All the stuff about your pc that Zuko posted doesn't really matter. I personally haven't been affected by it I've had my consistent 25 ping. But @Farryn who lives in ohio went from 30 to 40 ping to over 200. I think it's something to do with how people are being routed to the server and there being slow down through the routing process, or more traffic overall on ISP networks due to everyone being in quarantine 

Peace Through POWER

5 minutes ago, [PDE]Scrinn said:

I know what you mean. All the stuff about your pc that Zuko posted doesn't really matter. I personally haven't been affected by it I've had my consistent 25 ping. But @Farryn who lives in ohio went from 30 to 40 ping to over 200. I think it's something to do with how people are being routed to the server and there being slow down through the routing process, or more traffic overall on ISP networks due to everyone being in quarantine 

It's definitely the server and not ISPs though. Since it's only PDE2 that has high ping. PDE1 has lower ping and is more playable. If it were my ISP I'd have higher ping to all servers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Server 2 still is experiencing server-side ping problems outside of late night hours.

how come i cant use my garand with sniper scope? It took me ages to unlock it, and now i cant use it? really sucks

47 minutes ago, mono said:

how come i cant use my garand with sniper scope? It took me ages to unlock it, and now i cant use it? really sucks

I know the servers would forcefully remove it at one point but I didn't realize it was back. I don't play as often but @[PDE]Embahh or @[PDE]Herz Vaalheit might be able to chip in

Peace Through POWER

The scope was disabled a while back since it just promoted excessive camping/headglitching, people were just sitting at the edge of the map without moving at all during the whole match. Scope makes it one shot kill and u can literally camp forever with the 120+ ammo, majority of people wanted it to be gone back when there was a separate topic about it.

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_