Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
[PDE]Embahh

WaW Servers General Feedback / Suggestions

Downgrading the server to 30 max players wouldn't be a good idea. On the weekends the servers absolutely fill up with 44 players and it can be hard to get into the server because so many people want to play. If the playercount was lowered that means it would be even harder to get into the servers during peak times and a lot of people couldn't play.

On the idea of a objective game mode server, I definitely think it would be cool to have a third server with game modes on it for people to play on when they get bored of TDM. If this server were to happen where would it be located? In the EU or US? 

Gem Stone on emojidexTwitch  -  Twitter  -  Steam  -  YouTubeGem Stone on emojidex

Also I agree with Tydero, Sealow needs an objective game mode on server 2. I believe it plays absolutely horribly on TDM and an objective mode would definitely help with its issues. Everyone tends to camp in the back with snipers on this map and due to it being TDM there is no need to move. If an objective mode were added this would not be the case. An objective mode would do wonders for this map. I think you guys should remove HQ from Knee Deep and add an objective mode to Sealow instead. Knee Deep plays good with TDM. It is Sealow that really needs an objective mode. 

Gem Stone on emojidexTwitch  -  Twitter  -  Steam  -  YouTubeGem Stone on emojidex

22 hours ago, [PDE]Embahh said:

At the moment it's 100% tdm, that's what most of the players seems to prefer. I would love to include war mode for some maps but with over ~30 or so players the server will start to crash randomly. (I'm not sure about the exact amount when the crashing starts, but servers with 30 slots or less should be fine)

I was also thinking of the possibility of opening a 3rd ~30 slots WAR / mixed server during the summer time for the players who prefer objective gametypes instead of TDM. I think there would be at least some demand for such server but we will see, it's not so easy to populate a new server nowadays anyway. I could fund the first few months with no problems, but for a permanent addition we would also need slightly more donations than usually. (note that this is just an idea, and might not actually happen)

One of the large EU servers will be closing up shop at the end of the month so I think if we coordinate a time we could populate it for good. Could we do a poll similar to the one in game "do you !dislike or !like this map?" another one could be added that says something like "would you like to see a objective server" and see how many people are interested. 

Edited by Tydro1

if you are really stubborn on seelow being objective map, load it up with each gamemode and see how far apart objectives are, then notice that its a tank map and lack of "frontline" will dramatically shift the balance and result in one team being spawntrapped

RealEstufa here - Remove dome or edit to be shotties only with no explosives (I know it will never happen because you guys don't want to have "custom" content but I can dream).  I feel like something should be done for small maps when it's max population, feels fairly awful!

Ban marty/betties. Marty is beginning to get out of hand, it's disgusting to play against when 75% of the enemy team is dropping nades upon death. 

Add an NA server with more official cod maps from other cod games like 1/2/3/4.

Edited by DeWalt01

Keep dome the way it is. People dont have to play that map if they dont like it, can wait for the next one. Don't need any special modifications for certain maps.

Maybe change seelow to ctf and make downfall headquarters if there are alot of people looking for a change.

Rest of the maps are fine the way they are.

6 hours ago, DeWalt01 said:

Ban marty/betties. Marty is beginning to get out of hand, it's disgusting to play against when 75% of the enemy team is dropping nades upon death. 

There are perks like bomb squad/flakjacket/tossback to counter betties and martyrdom.

Edited by SockItToYa
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My Suggestion:

BAR Damage is 35 - 45, Same as M1 except its slow fire rate makes it un-ideal against the Type 100 or anything like that. Considering it is a higher caliber it should by default be more powerful.

Thats why I am suggesting it's damage be upped to 45 - 55. This way it can deal with Juggernaut perk and Type 100 Users.

Because right now and even with double tap or stopping power it still is not very effective against these types of players.

Double tap makes it blow through that 20 round magazine very quickly and the recoil knocks it everywhere.

on the other hand Stopping power doesn't do very much sadly especially against juggernauts.

Suggestion 2:

Ban the use of non-side native weapons.

What does this mean? It means that for example, You cannot use a Type 100 on the Wehrmacht team.

You can only use weapons that that side would have realistically or in singleplayer campaign mode.

So it would look like this:

Marine Raider Allowed Weapons:
Colt M1911
M1 Garand
BAR
Browning M1919
Double Barrel Shotgun
Trench Shotgun

M1A1 Carbine
Springfield
Thompson
Imperial Army Allowed Weapons:
Nambu
Type-100
Type-99
Arisaka
Red Army Allowed Weapons:
SVT-40
PPSH-41
DP-28
Mosin Nagant
PTRS-41

Tokarev-T33
Wehrmacht Allowed Weapons:
Walther P38
FG42
MG42
Kar98K

Gewehr 43
MP40

STG-44

This would make it alot more realistic and way more balanced as we wouldn't have Japanese Team with PPSH41s Spamming them constantly or Germans with Type 100s.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

how about no?

not only it cant be done without mods, it also prevents this server from being as close to vanila as you can be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I for one am against this as I dont play CoD for its realistic properties, nor would I want a game like this TO BE realistic. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. CoD has been and will always be an arcade shooter. It's a game you play when you want to shut your brain off and just have fun using whatever tactics/weapons you want. So trying to introduce realism into it probably wont end well (case and point MW 2019). Also, PDG is known for its vanilla servers and has been that way for a very long time so introducing something as drastic as this is not a good idea.

I feel like this would also introduce team stacking as some people only like certain guns and they would pick the team that allows them to use the specific weapon they want. 

Edited by SockItToYa
  • Like 1

I thought the weapon one might not be a good idea, But the BAR Buff might be a good idea.

Posted (edited)

With that change Imperial army would have 100% guaranteed win rate if all of the type100 sprayers would be forced to go into the same team lol.

but in all seriousness, some weapons could use a small buff to make them more viable, but it's not possible to change individual weapons damage, only perks can be modified and the overall time to kill.

Few years ago the server actually used to be slightly different to make more perks and weapons useful, stopping power was nerfed and the health was lowered from 100 to ~70, so basically you always had stopping power damage but could use whatever perks you wanted and not be limited to stopping power only with 90% of weapons like you currently do. I actually preferred those settings since it allowed for a much larger variety of setups and not to be just "forced" to use stopping power on pretty much all situations for your weapon to be viable.

Edited by [PDE]Embahh
  • Like 1

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

New Suggestion:

Allow rifle grenades on larger maps such as Airfield, Hangar or Seelow. Ban them only on maps like dome and such.

This is because rifle grenades are hard to work for to unlock and this is the last WAW server alive with lots of people and its really disappointing to not be able to use that hard earned attachment.

Bazookas are allowed as well and rifle grenades basically the same thing so why not?

Maybe do like a 1 day trial with nades allowed on big maps and see how it does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Posted (edited)

nah. everyone would spam it w/ overkill perk

edit: nvm you cant double up on them. thinking of CoD4.

still no on the rifle grenades tho.  Bazookas are not nearly the same as the launcher.  You'd definitely have to remove betties or something to make it somewhat feasible.

Edited by the_slim_reefer
  • Upvote 1

Its still really sad that rifle nades arent allowed, I've worked hard to acquire them and now I cant use them, Others would probably agree as I usually interview people mid-game to get their thoughts before I post a suggestion. I have a couple that will go nameless (I forgot their names) that said maybe on big maps only like airfield would they be allowed.

• Downvote 1

40 player dome is already a shitshow, dont need it to get even worse

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, WAWStudios said:

Suggestion 2:

What does this mean? It means that for example, You cannot use a Type 100 on the Wehrmacht team.

You can only use weapons that that side would have realistically or in singleplayer campaign mode.

Marine Raider Allowed Weapons:
Colt M1911
M1 Garand
BAR
Browning M1919
Double Barrel Shotgun
Trench Shotgun

M1A1 Carbine
Springfield
Thompson
Imperial Army Allowed Weapons:
Nambu
Type-100
Type-99
Arisaka
Red Army Allowed Weapons:
SVT-40
PPSH-41
DP-28
Mosin Nagant
PTRS-41

Tokarev-T33
Wehrmacht Allowed Weapons:
Walther P38
FG42
MG42
Kar98K

Gewehr 43
MP40

STG-44

This would make it alot more realistic and way more balanced as we wouldn't have Japanese Team with PPSH41s Spamming them constantly or Germans with Type 100s.

How about NO! 

Bad idea alot of ppl wouldn't agree with it. Using whatever weapons you want in any combination is a BIG reason both PDG servers on WaW are so popular.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 8:49 PM, SockItToYa said:

There are perks like bomb squad/flakjacket/tossback to counter betties and martyrdom.

You're not wrong, but at the same time, Martyrdom contributes absolutely nothing to the game. I agree that betties are a non-issue thanks to Bomb Squad, but Martyrdom will consistently fuck you over no matter what. If you don't run Flak Jacket, you'll be fucked by Martyrdom grenades blocking escape routes and creating "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. If you DO run Flak Jacket, those couple of Martyrdom deaths per game will simply be replaced by deaths due to not having Stopping Power/Jugg. Using Toss Back makes any close range engagement an auto-loss against a good player (who is probably using Steady Aim and an SMG).

Doesn't even need to be banned, just disabled. Countless CoD4 servers do it, and for good reason. It does nothing to help good players, and exists only to give cheap kills to bad players.

Id like to chip in a couple of ideas. Forgive me if any of these have been discussed before.

• Increase damage for BAR, DP, most of the rifles
  • Introduce a "cranked"- like mechanic (players cant camp for more than a certain period, otherwise they die) Might be an issue for snipers, but id argue that good snipers tend to move around anyway
  • Allow players to vote for the next map? some players might despise maps like Banzai and prefer maps like Outskirts or Dome
  •  Ban Stopping Power, Juggs, Martydom - these are the 3 perks that see the most play and players are almost forced to choose one of the them because game rewards it. Id love to not run Stopping power, but then i would constantly lose firefights to juggs and others with stopping power. Martydom can be dealt with by using Perks, so its not as bad as stopping power and marty, but its still obnoxious.
  • Reduce every players starting health so that the lack of stopping power isnt as big a deal
  • Run different game modes? Id love to see more domination or WAR on servers
  • Change the kill streak requirements to 5 - UAV, 8/9- Arty, 12/13-Dogs. Right now it seems like non-stop UAV spam on some maps.
  • Maybe change up the rewards system a little bit? the money that players earn in-game doesnt do anything currently. I know you dont want to implement mods, but perhaps there is some way for the money to be used? if not, maybe a new rewards system needs to be considered?
  • Introduce bullet drop? this one im not even sure is possible with the games engine. In fact, for some reason i seem to remember a developer saying that they introduced damage ranges because they couldnt introduce bullet-drop and so they needed to compensate. Not sure how true that is, but if its possible to have bullet drop, maybe introduce it? If not, maybe look at altering damage ranges.

Im just throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks here.

Also, apologies for spelling or grammar errors. Ive just got a new keyboard and ive got to get used to the Cherry MX Red switches (i usually prefer Blues).

• Downvote 2

On 3/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, WAWStudios said:

New Suggestion:

Allow rifle grenades on larger maps such as Airfield, Hangar or Seelow. Ban them only on maps like dome and such.

This is because rifle grenades are hard to work for to unlock and this is the last WAW server alive with lots of people and its really disappointing to not be able to use that hard earned attachment.

Bazookas are allowed as well and rifle grenades basically the same thing so why not?

Maybe do like a 1 day trial with nades allowed on big maps and see how it does.

We actually tried that before years ago and people still went bananas on other maps. That's how we ended up where it is now. Just like voice chat, we tried.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:50 PM, WAWStudios said:

Its still really sad that rifle nades arent allowed, I've worked hard to acquire them and now I cant use them, Others would probably agree as I usually interview people mid-game to get their thoughts before I post a suggestion. I have a couple that will go nameless (I forgot their names) that said maybe on big maps only like airfield would they be allowed.

Rifle nades are allowed at =[JFF]= Server #1 - 52.58.23.143:28960. It's one of the best servers on WAW.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

On 3/17/2020 at 11:28 AM, WAWStudios said:

Suggestion 2:

I like the idea, but it would be more suited on one of the servers with mods. One of them probably already has this. Maybe >XI< servers, [SnR] Tactical Realism, or Bm8 servers.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

18 hours ago, GrassyNole said:

Martyrdom contributes absolutely nothing to the game.

its designed to be a crutch so less skilled players can score some nasty kills, servers became less populated when it was disabled before so it should stay

...deaths due to not having Stopping Power/Jugg.

both are crutches for less skilled players to buff their abysmal aim and can be used to buff trash weapons. downside is that skilled players can destroy servers with these.

Using Toss Back makes any close range engagement an auto-loss against a good player (who is probably using Steady Aim and an SMG).

toss back is literally free kills on maps with crazy fights like courtyard, dome, subpens etc. good players dont need steady aim to drop you at close range, note people like Snap who will dodge your bullets and stab you in the neck or Viper who will just set you on fire.

once you play the game enough to disregard stopping power, Jugg and steady aim, and start using other perks, thats when you actually get good and understand the joys of tactical options that open for you.

here are some perks you should try:

FIREWORKS - your explosives suddenly become much deadlier, combine with tossback for max fun

CAMOUFLAGE - tired of recon plane being up 24/7 on large maps? this will help

DOUBLE TAP - apart from increased firerate, it also increases bullets being loaded on bolt action rifles, pumpshotgun and it increases fire rate on semi autos

SLEIGHT OF HAND - great for guns that are deadly but hindered by small mag sizes or long reloads: DP-28, BAR, mp40, double barrel shotty etc

DEEP IMPACT - my go to on big caliber guns, walls become paper

EXTREME CONDITIONING - ever wanted to surprise some people with some sneaky backstabs? works great with camouflage

TOSS BACK - free kills on nade heavy maps

DEAD SILENCE - full ninja mode when combined with camouflage, run behind enemy lines and make their snipers curse your name in chatbox

17 hours ago, Trigun_Vash said:

Increase damage for BAR, DP, most of the rifles...  ...Reduce every players starting health so that the lack of stopping power isnt as big a deal

this is how you turn the game into instagib since these already have high damage

17 hours ago, Trigun_Vash said:

Introduce a "cranked"- like mechanic (players cant camp for more than a certain period, otherwise they die) Might be an issue for snipers, but id argue that good snipers tend to move around anyway

bitching about campers is not killing campers, do one or the other

other suggestions require mods which makes me wonder if you dont want to just play a different game

I do support idea of Recon Plane being 5 kills tho, but not sure if its doable

21 hours ago, GrassyNole said:

Martyrdom contributes absolutely nothing to the game.

Disagree here.  Its really helpful for rooting out campers if you can manage to just bum rush into their spot

Martyrdom will consistently fuck you over no matter what. If you don't run Flak Jacket, you'll be fucked by Martyrdom grenades blocking escape routes and creating "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations.

True, but thats the price you pay unfortunately.  You know they're there and they're going to fuck you.  This game's marty grenades have a longer fuse and a lot less power than other titles like MW and MW2 so it personally doesn't bother me too much and I don't feel too bad for those who can't avoid them, even when its myself sometimes.

those couple of Martyrdom deaths per game will simply be replaced by deaths due to not having Stopping Power/Jugg

which is why i like to use it.  I usually have about 20 deaths per game, sometimes less sometimes more, so is it really helping me vs steady aim? no not really.  Its more amusing to me as someone who watches the killcam tho and seeing the killscore pop up.  People whine when I've had steady aim on, people whine when I have marty; they're going to whine no matter what.

Doesn't even need to be banned, just disabled. Countless CoD4 servers do it, and for good reason.

I already hit on this, but again CoD4 grenades are basically mini-nukes.  They're much more powerful, they have a shorter fuse, and the maps are smaller.  I totally agree with disabling them on that game.

It does nothing to help good players, and exists only to give cheap kills to bad players

It shouldn't help good players.  Good players don't need the help, they already have the advantage over lesser players.  Players like Fragimus and ZefrTV come in and clear out the server sometimes because they're so far above almost everyone else.  Take out marty and the lesser players who DO stick around, are less inclined to do stick it out.  Frag and Zefr will literally clear the lobbies without martyrdom.  So yea, it does exist to give cheap kills to bad players. so what? would you rather have no players at all? If it bruises your ego that a lesser player can get a cheap kill on you, then too bad, thats what its there for.  You already have the skill advantage over them.  You need to give these players SOME incentive to stick around.  They manage to hang in there going 18-45, I think you can deal with a few marty deaths while going 55-18

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.