Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Public

Public

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
[PDE]Embahh

WaW Servers General Feedback / Suggestions

Please use this thread to post feedback / suggestions about our Cod WaW servers!

Things you dislike / like? Something new you would like to see? Etc.  It can be about maps, game modes or literally anything regarding our servers. Just don't use this topic to complain about bans or our rules, anything else is fine.

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

Dislike; the map dome

nothing more to add that

For the rest its all fine. 

On 26.4.2018 at 12:58 PM, flip4552 said:

Dislike; the map dome

nothing more to add that

Believe it or not, but it's a favorite map of tons of players. You either hate it or love it, I guess. If constantly dying to grenades gets on your nerves, I would recommend trying out flakjacket perk on that map, it eliminates almost all damage taken by explosives (including artillery and tanks) unless the opponent player is using fireworks perk. :)

don't mention the grenades, gives me flashbacks. Also the ctf mode is that gone? haven't played that in a while

1 hour ago, flip4552 said:

don't mention the grenades, gives me flashbacks. Also the ctf mode is that gone? haven't played that in a while

Man the PTSD is real, I feel ya. Hence why I avoid that man like the plague, dont need nam flashbacks

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

long time ago i have played Headquarter on the map Downfall... that was great!

I like the Headquarter mode... more action than domination and different targets.

But domination in roundhouse map is great.

Sometimes i miss CTF, but i don't know which map would be ok for this mode

We could try this in Upheaval ?

In Kneedeep CTF was funny sometimes... :-)

revolution is nice on ctf

Also could you add free for all? but then maybe not with max 44 players on some smal maps, think that wil be to chaotic

you cant do a map rotation that detects number of players, so not a chance m8

Edited by Mike_J92

what has detecting have to do with that? you mean locking the players to let say 22, then you can't do a other map with 44 again? is that what you mean mike j92. If so that unfortunate

thats not what I meant, I was guessing that server would "know" when population is low, say 10 players, and then you could have some maps in FFA mode, but iirc servers cant do that, you set what maps and modes you get manualy.

ohhh ok, so it can be done manualy then :)

The maps and game mode´s are fine but sometimes it is a little monotonous to play everytime the same thing.

Maybe trying different game mode´s on different maps. This will be great!

Also adding "war" on some maps will be interesting too.

Anyway, keep it up!

On 5/5/2018 at 4:58 AM, Mike_J92 said:

thats not what I meant, I was guessing that server would "know" when population is low, say 10 players, and then you could have some maps in FFA mode, but iirc servers cant do that, you set what maps and modes you get manualy.

It may be possible, but not by default. When I can finally get settled and have some time, I'll look into it. It was something I wanted to try years ago, but I was hesitant because I didn't know if it would be buggy or not.

On 5/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Delta_Gamma said:

The maps and game mode´s are fine but sometimes it is a little monotonous to play everytime the same thing.

Also adding "war" on some maps will be interesting too.

Anyway, keep it up!

I understand. We can switch it up from time to time, but we're kinda limited by the game modes for public servers and the maps we can put them on. Also, it would help greatly if we had more player feedback than we do. We could set up polls often and make it happen. As far as War goes, we'd love to put it on. You'd probably see it a lot if it was possible because we love it, but we need a small amount of players for it not to crash. It's not something the devs tested and fixed for the amount of players we have, but there's a possibility I can try and mix it in with the map rotation thing mentioned earlier.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

On 7.5.2018 at 12:13 AM, Delta_Gamma said:

I really liked the idea of adding couple objective maps on every weekend (from friday to sunday) like we used to do with server#2 couple years ago, and I would personally love to bring that system back to server 1.

This would allow us to add game modes to higher variety of maps, even if it the mode isn't the most suitable or balanced for long term, it wouldn't matter because it would only stay for couple of weekends at a time maximum and just be occasional for fun. We could still have permanent maps that wroks really well, like domination on roundhouse at the moment.

This is something I have thought for a while, and I think this would make the server feel more fresh and add some great variety, since we would have something new every few weeks. We could run polls to choose some of the maps. 

Only problem is it could be too much of a hassle for @[PDE]PaulKersey to setup for every weekend, lol

Do u guys host other game modes?  Also how much does it cost per month to keep the server running?

33 minutes ago, rEHa said:

Do u guys host other game modes?  Also how much does it cost per month to keep the server running?

We have other modes on Server #2 (PDG|#2). Check the front page for server costs.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

Is it possible to make Seelow Headquarters? The map is pretty predictable and always chokes at the rail in the center. While a lot of maps have center choke points I think that because of Seelows size there is a lot of potential play styles and loud outs that arent being utilized because the side buildings are neglected in TDM.

This would be for Server 2 btw

Edited by Tydro1
added specific server

I like the way seelow plays because it creates sort of a "frontline" that you can breach from multiple points and surprise the enemies, headquarters requires a lot of mobility on the map and seelow may be too big for that. iirc S2 already has two of the tank maps with gamemodes, Downfall with CTF and Roundhouse with DOM (unless roundhouse was changed I dont remember) that leaves Outskirts and Seelow as only tank maps that are TDM

Banzai - DOM

Downfall - CTF 

Knee Deep - HQ 

Roundhouse used to be CTF some time ago. EDIT: Roundhouse used to be DOM a long time ago. Dang Mike! You must've been here for decades hehe. Seelow was a good map for War.

• Like 1

whats the situation like on S1 tho? why dont we get some modes to mix things up there? I tend to babysit S1 in mornings when playercount is low so noone gets bored and empties the server, but I didnt notice any modes when I play then

5 hours ago, Mike_J92 said:

whats the situation like on S1 tho? why dont we get some modes to mix things up there? I tend to babysit S1 in mornings when playercount is low so noone gets bored and empties the server, but I didnt notice any modes when I play then

At the moment it's 100% tdm, that's what most of the players seems to prefer. I would love to include war mode for some maps but with over ~30 or so players the server will start to crash randomly. (I'm not sure about the exact amount when the crashing starts, but servers with 30 slots or less should be fine)

I was also thinking of the possibility of opening a 3rd ~30 slots WAR / mixed server during the summer time for the players who prefer objective gametypes instead of TDM. I think there would be at least some demand for such server but we will see, it's not so easy to populate a new server nowadays anyway. I could fund the first few months with no problems, but for a permanent addition we would also need slightly more donations than usually. (note that this is just an idea, and might not actually happen)

Edited by [PDE]Embahh

tbh I would be down on funding this regularly, both S1 and S2 tend to peak in capacity between 3pm and 6pm UK time, I wonder if hosting gets cheaper if we get less slots on server, maybe then we could have 3 servers with 30 slots each?

5 hours ago, Mike_J92 said:

tbh I would be down on funding this regularly, both S1 and S2 tend to peak in capacity between 3pm and 6pm UK time, I wonder if hosting gets cheaper if we get less slots on server, maybe then we could have 3 servers with 30 slots each?

Yeah, downgrading from 44 to 30 slots would be slightly cheaper, but not worth it since having more slots available will help to keep the server populated for a longer duration. Also it's the last waw server alive where you can experience the 20vs20 chaos and we want to keep it that way. (like it or not 😉)