collapse

Author Topic: About tweaking....  (Read 1708 times)

About tweaking....
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:45:24 AM »

RotInPeace

• View Profile
Where's the limit? Can you remove trees, leaves, boxes, trucks etc. to see better? Not that I'm planning to do so because I like to play the game as it is. I just had a little conversation with Yuzuko about lodbiasrigid and such tweaks. He said it's allowed so I thougth I ask it from you. If the rules allow it I won't complain about it anymore.

Re: About tweaking....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 04:39:30 PM »

[PDE]ZukoFire

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You only can do that in single/co op , in multiplayer even if you changed it won't apply as you join server settings so client are enforce.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 08:13:51 PM »

Phantom_XYX

• Also goes by,They/DeyCallMeJiggles and XQS xImPacT
    • View Profile
You only can do that in single/co op , in multiplayer even if you changed it won't apply as you join server settings so client are enforce.
actually settings of it can be changed regardless of server settings because it's client specific but right now im asking a few people about it's exact function but i myself do not believes it gives one an unfair advantage,even if it did,anyone is able to change it,so it's not even cheating since the game doesn't restrict you from changing it,it does not 'abide by' servers settings unless specifically set

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 09:23:16 PM »

PDG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Call Of Duty 4 and World At War are old games and are part of the early CODs. There's lots of commands that shouldn't have been visible to the player and this only changed in the newer CODs. Being visible doesn't make it legit and it's not something we've ever approved of.
[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
    [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
    [01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and ****.
    [DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:42:36 PM »

RotInPeace

• View Profile
So Yuzuko lied to me that such tweaking is allowed. He even said some of you admins confirmed it's allowed. I asked is it even possible on the PDG servers (to remove things without actual hacking) because the settings seem locked. He replied "is your cfg or exe 'read only'"? Like changing that setting would help to unlock the server settings. Some time ago I tested what those commands do and noticed that nothing happens.

When I spectated Yuzuko he sniped very accurately people whom I didn't even see. Some of them were behind trees and smoke. If the mentioned settings are locked then he's most likely using some 3rd party app, or has edited codwawmp.exe file.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:28:35 PM by RotInPeace »

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 11:32:48 PM »

Embah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Tweaks such as removing smoke/scenery or skins etc. has never been allowed and I highly doubt any admin has ever said it was allowed.

Commandslike /cl_maxpackets , /snaps /com_maxfps to improve your latency/ping/perfromance are the usual ones which I personally recommend to everyone for better experience

* Search

* Donations

$150 MONTHLY
Looking to become a REGULAR/VIP? >>READ THIS<<
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal