collapse

Author Topic: Ping limit / Auto-kick ?  (Read 1290 times)

Ping limit / Auto-kick ?
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:10:34 PM »

RotInPeace

• View Profile
I know nothing about the server stuff but I ask anyway. Any chances to set a ping limit and auto-kick if exceeding for example 500? Or at least auto-kick 999 pingers. It gets, at least to me, very unplayable if there are many players whose pings are spiking high, and especially those 999 pingers.

Re: Ping limit / Auto-kick ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 09:52:34 PM »

Embah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
999 pingers are usually players who have tabbed out to desktop while leaving the game running and it doesn't effect other players connections.

Players with constant ping spikes / unstable connection which causes them to warp/teleport around and making them hard to hit can be kicked in my opinion, but other than that high ping shouldn't matter as long as their connection is stable.

Re: Ping limit / Auto-kick ?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 03:07:59 PM »

RotInPeace

• View Profile
Maybe it's then a wrong interpretation and a coinsidence about the 999 pingers. Somehow I have connected sudden lags to them. Yesterday the highest ping was momentarily around 150 and everything worked well. Then I started lagging and saw a couple of 999 pingers and some having ping almost 400 so I again thought they were the reason. I will re-check my settings and other parts if there is something I haven't noticed.

* Search

* Donations

$150 MONTHLY
Looking to become a REGULAR/VIP? >>READ THIS<<
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal