collapse

Author Topic: Recent Changes And The Future Ahead  (Read 2054 times)

Recent Changes And The Future Ahead
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »

PDG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.

Over the past couple of months, we've been making some changes. Some of you that have been with us for a long time can already see some things looking and being different (such as a new, smaller website). We were the PDE clan, which started in COD4 2007 as {PD}. I'm not going to go through all of the history here, but we were all about the top end and recruiting the best. When World At War was released, we slowly started being there over time. There were quite a few good servers back then, but there was one 50-player server that was popular and we played there mainly. We had naturally gotten known on the server - so much so that we were banned from it.

We started playing at =[JFF]= Server, which was rank 75th in the server list, but it was a good server that wasn't as known at the time. We had gotten to know the admins and owner there and helped push the server to rank 15th and around that time, member [PDE]ChaosTheory pushed for us to have our own server. On a special day in February 2010, the PDE Server would enter that list. Our thing was to always be 'for the players'.

The gaming industry would bring some changes which concentrated mainly on console with PC as an afterthought, such as what the newer CODs started being, starting with the controversial Modern Warfare 2 and the lack of dedicated servers. We did move to Battlefield briefly, but starting with Battlefield 1 WW1 (which is a good game), dedicated servers wouldn't appear until months later and when they did, they were severely lacking proper features.

So, as the gaming industry changed, we made some changes as well. Instead of being the exclusive PDE which had a high level recruitment standard, we are now the open PDG community. We play various games, but most of you probably know us for our WAW servers. Thanks to you players and donators, you all have kept these servers around for years. Some of our other members are heavy in Modern Warfare (2019) and Warzone and if some of you are into it or plan to get into it, join us on Discord. We play WaW/BO3 Zombies as well. If donations get back to normal, we will bring back the WAW Zombie Co-Op server.

Although I tried to keep this short, sometimes this happens. Hopefully it's not too much for you all. Stay gaming.
[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
    [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
    [01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and ****.
    [DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players

* Search

* Donations

$150 MONTHLY
Looking to become a REGULAR/VIP? >>READ THIS<<
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal