Server Page Reverted Back, More testing needed for new page ×

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Public

Public

Please enter your display name

[PDE]PaulKersey

EA Cuts Battlefront 2's Campaign Reward by 75% After Hero Cost Changes (What's Up Kim? [wink])

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

Unlocking everything in this game apparently requires 4528 hours of gameplay or 2100$ in microtransactions, ridiculous...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7d3o6a/unlocking_everything_in_star_wars_battlefront_ii/

Edited by [PDE]Embahh
-
  • Upvote 1

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

Why is this a problem exactly? People who play the game longer should get better rewards and it isn't exactly like 100hrs is a stupidly large amount of game time, almost everyone has games where they've spent over 1000hrs playing (with about 90% of that time being playing the game), I would also assume that as you play the game more you earn more credits (since you'll be better at the game) so an average of all players doesn't really mean anything: the majority of players being noobs or players who don't care about their score that much.

I'm with EA on this, if people want more thought out games that will last them a few years (rather than the same crap churned out each year *cough*COD*cough*) then people will have to be less entitled and except that the games best rewards will take time to get to.

48 minutes ago, mrhappyface said:

Why is this a problem exactly? People who play the game longer should get better rewards and it isn't exactly like 100hrs is a stupidly large amount of game time, almost everyone has games where they've spent over 1000hrs playing (with about 90% of that time being playing the game)

Yes, it's cool to have rewards and achievements that are hard / time consuming to acquire IF they are only avaible via actually playing the game, it doesn't feel rewarding at all if you grind the game for countless of hours to unlock something that can be also done in less than 1 minute by swinging yo mom's credit card.

The whole EA's statement "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes" IS total bullshit, all they want is more money, they dont give a shit about their players, only about $$$

This is not your usual shit free to play game that is filled with mictotransactions, you have to actually pay 60$/80$ for it in the first place, and that's why the level of MTX and Pay to win in this game is absolutely ridiculous.

From what I gather though, you can't directly buy currency though: you need to buy cases and get duplicates, do it isn't as easy to get the characters from buying it as people say.

It's so easy to unlock stuff and if you play the objective in the match you can get enough points to get anything extremely quickly. Not trying to defend the money hording but just because people like to sit in the back of the map with a sniper and not play the objective and complain about getting a small reward in return need to grow up and actually play the game right

• Upvote 1

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

They actually listened to their playerbase this time ^^

Pretty sure Disney was like get your shit together

But they do say they will come back later on. Which they just need to put everything behind challenges and a leveling system

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

The game is so controversial and flawed, Its really surprising me anyone is even bothering with it at this point. I enjoyed the first ea battlefront alot as it was a throwback to the old two. It was flawed but got the job done. I'm not sure why people think they need a second one to stay happy. Its the exact same problem with call of duty world war 2, the game is completely and utterly nothing like world at war so why would i bother to move from world at war to cod ww2? 

Well, that's because a WORLD AT WAR II (Treyarch) could be better and fix a lot of flaws and bugs left behind on this one (never going to happen for the PC version though). CODWW2 is a Sledgehammer Games production that Activision told them to do. That's their own WW2 and that's why they're nothing alike besides era.

As far as SWBF, don't know. I enjoyed the first two from the early 2000s before EA. I'm still interested in EA's version, but I don't know at this point.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.