Server Page Reverted Back, More testing needed for new page ×

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Public

Public

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
DeWalt01

A-Parody Abuse Of Privileges PDE#2

Realestufa here, a player on PDE servers for years now. I was recently kicked by a non PDE player named "A-Parody" for garden verity shit talking someone. I called them a "pussy bitch" for using betties 24/7. This player simply doesn't like me, even accusing me of hacking in the past. I guess some people consider that a harsh statement but I didn't spam and I didn't take it further. From my perspective shit talking has always been allowed as long as it's not serious. I legitimately had a PDE member state that he thoroughly enjoys playing with me because of the atmosphere a little shit talking can create. I'm not the kind of player that incessantly spams obscene language nor do I take it further than the game. I've been prompted to post here in the hopes that you remove this player's privileges in game to kick people over banter that even PDE members often partake in. 

It was abuse aimed at other players, calling people "fucking pussies" "camping bitches" and saying things like "get fucked Nerds" . Need to chill out a bit ingame, its hard to tell when its banter or people abusing others.

I have nothing personal against you btw, I dont hold grudges, I mearly point out the rules and encourage people to play by them.

Edited by PJ1972
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, PJ1972 said:

It was abuse aimed at other players, calling people "fucking pussies" "camping bitches" and saying things like "get fucked Nerds" . Need to chill out a bit ingame, its hard to tell when its banter or people abusing others.

I have nothing personal against you btw, I dont hold grudges, I mearly point out the rules and encourage people to play by them.

If it's hard to tell you shouldn't be kicking someone over it. People have been using the language you quoted for years on end without being kicked. Aside from it being 2020 and everything being taken over by PC culture, I fail to understand how A-Parody seemingly decided he knows better than PDE members? 

@PJ1972 I've never curtailed my language or style in front of PDE before, is this a new thing players should expect out of PDE servers now? 

He kicked me over banter too. Everyone knows I like to talk shit in good humor. It's whatever though, I know the boundaries and limits and such.

Edited by Nicktator

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

Its normal to be asked to calm down with the insults a bit. Nothing else to say on this, seems a bit of a storm in a tea cup tbh.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, PJ1972 said:

Its normal to be asked to calm down with the insults a bit. Nothing else to say on this, seems a bit of a storm in a tea cup tbh.

No one asked me to "calm down", I was kicked in the middle of an awesome run in game which is bullshit. The irony of this statement is blistering. 

8 minutes ago, Nicktator said:

He kicked me over banter too. Everyone knows I like to talk shit in good humor. It's whatever though, I know the boundaries and limits and such.

Heh we have talked plenty shit to each other, I didn't notice you being kicked over it, how stupid. You can talk as much shit to me as your heart desires man 🙂

5 minutes ago, DeWalt01 said:

No one asked me to "calm down", I was kicked in the middle of an awesome run in game which is bullshit. The irony of this statement is blistering. 

I asked you at the the beginning of the map if you could "Calm down with the personal insults" or the like, cant remember exact wording. Im sure its in the chat logs, if needed.

8 minutes ago, PJ1972 said:

I asked you at the the beginning of the map if you could "Calm down with the personal insults" or the like, cant remember exact wording. Im sure its in the chat logs, if needed.

Ah so you are A parody, nah dude you were in fact slinging personal insults as well (in response to mine to be fair). Can we please get a PDE member in this discussion? @[PDE]Embahh

Tbh, I don't see a problem. While yes I don't mind shit talk, I have my limits. And the rule is dependent on the limits of the Admin enforcing it. So what I let pass may not be the same for others.

It's all fun and games until something goes too far and I rather it not get to the latter which was the case of Frag1mus several times. There is a fine line between playful banter and intended insults that can be very blurry at times especially with a text only chat where you can't read someone body language and hear their tone which is big indicator on how they mean something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

@[PDE]Scrinn I understand your perspective and I'm not entirely sure what incident you are referring to with Frag. I've been playing on this server since it's inception and was kicked for the first time over some fairly mild banter by a player who is objectively bad at the game and has a clear bias towards me. We've talked plenty of shit towards each other. If that's the stance PDE as a whole is going to take and are going to ignore A-Parody's infection of the server with his version of politically correct 'silliness' all I can say is "damn shame". All good things come to an end =P

Just an outsider on the whole conversation.... rather than complain about being kicked, why just move past it and play a new game? If you have another incident then so be it but as you said you’ve played on the server for years and you know the rules. All admins have different limitations to what they think is too far. Obviously coming from Scrinn who is a massive troll lord to Parody who believed you went too far. If you enjoy the servers just keep playing and don’t complain over a little thing as a simple kick. At least you weren’t banned. That would be a bigger issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeraMarie said:

Just an outsider on the whole conversation.... rather than complain about being kicked, why just move past it and play a new game? If you have another incident then so be it but as you said you’ve played on the server for years and you know the rules. All admins have different limitations to what they think is too far. Obviously coming from Scrinn who is a massive troll lord to Parody who believed you went too far. If you enjoy the servers just keep playing and don’t complain over a little thing as a simple kick. At least you weren’t banned. That would be a bigger issue.

:cryrage:

• Upvote 1

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

Just now, [PDE]Scrinn said:

:cryrage:

Luff u 2 bbckes