News Ticker
  • Welcome to PDE/PDG Forums
  • Applications are currently open for PDG.
  • New? Make an introduction post!
Server Page Reverted Back, More testing needed for new page ×
  • Chatbox

Do NOT ask for unbans or bans in the shoutbox, support will only be given in actual posts!

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Nicktator

Playing on a laptop...

Question

So I got a new laptop for school and I'm able to play games on it. Obviously I'm looking forward to playing World at War on it but the laptop doesn't have a disk drive so I can't install the game and I don't have the steam copy. If I were to go home and copy WaW's multiplayer client from my home PC, copy and paste it onto a flash drive, then dump the client onto my laptop from the flash drive, would I be able to play WaW on the laptop? Would this even work? Also would I have to copy any other files too, or could I just copy the multiplayer client?

Edited by Nicktator

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

23 answers to this question

There ya go my guy lol

Screenshot_32.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

9 minutes ago, Nicktator said:

So I got a new laptop for school and I'm able to play games on it. Obviously I'm looking forward to playing World at War on it but the laptop doesn't have a disk drive so I can't install the game and I don't have the steam copy. If I were to go home and copy WaW's multiplayer client from my home PC, copy and paste it onto a flash drive, then dump the client onto my laptop from the flash drive, would I be able to play WaW on the laptop? Would this even work? Also would I have to copy any other files too, or could I just copy the multiplayer client?

I doubt it will work that way, some simple games will work but I don't think waw works that way. Because the games create than just directory path, appdata, document, registry, keys and installers. Try to see if you can convert waw disc into thumb drive by a comvertrr disc to thumb drive program it might work that way. Feel free to update here, good luck.

1 hour ago, [PDE]ZukoFire said:

I doubt it will work that way, some simple games will work but I don't think waw works that way. Because the games create than just directory path, appdata, document, registry, keys and installers. Try to see if you can convert waw disc into thumb drive by a comvertrr disc to thumb drive program it might work that way. Feel free to update here, good luck.

What if I were to just copy ALL the WaW files, like copy the whole entire CoDWaW folder in Program Files, that way everything is included. Think that would work?

Edited by Nicktator

6 minutes ago, Nicktator said:

What if I were to just copy ALL the WaW files, like copy the whole entire CoDWaW folder in Program Files, that way everything is included. Think that would work?

Might work but worth to try first, but don't put your hopes too high. It might say installers not right or missing files. Try see if it works and update here

• Like 1

Even if you were to get the registry over, the retail copy requires the disk to play

76561198040594770.png

You can get external disc drive that would do the trick but it would be cheaper to just buy a copy on steam and copy over your user profile 

76561198040594770.png

True but back in 2013 before I became a moderator I was more crazy than I was today. 24/7 hours codwaw until I got real life ban it's sad I was only 13 years old - 14 years old I know nothing but play xD. So I started doing research and found game trackers software download and login I remember there is somewhere on website join the server, I believe multiplayer requires no disk but Co op need it for sure. 

Edit: found it something like this, I guess it don't work anymore 

Edited by [PDE]ZukoFire

Nick, I love you but you need to move into the twenty first century and just get the damn game on steam already. Don't hit me with that I am a poor student mumbo jumbo either, Nick. You can sell your body on the streets until you can afford WaW on steam for a measly $9.99. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gem Stone on emojidexTwitch  -  Twitter  -  Steam  -  YouTubeGem Stone on emojidex

You can use a no DVD copy, replace startup in folder,create shortcut from directory if your that tight lol

first solution:

you can make a iso file from your original disk on you pc with different burning software.

After this...

copy your iso file to your laptop and mount this iso file as a virtual drive with programs like daemon tool etc.

So it should be possible to install the cd / game the same way like a hard drive...

I installed Microsoft office the same way on my gf new pc

yeah, second solution:

possibility is to use a extern hard drive.

i have such an extern drive too...  in my pc is no place for a hard drive 😄

cost on amazon maybe 18€

14 hours ago, [PDE]Scrinn said:

Even if you were to get the registry over, the retail copy requires the disk to play

Are you sure? I'm able to play online at home without the disk. The multiplayer client works on its own.

1 hour ago, [PDE]Scrinn said:

There ya go my guy lol

Screenshot_32.png

Well that was generous of you and I certainly appreciate it, but I'm not home so I can't copy over my profile and I don't even know how to do that to begin with

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nicktator said:

Well that was generous of you and I certainly appreciate it, but I'm not home so I can't copy over my profile and I don't even know how to do that to begin with

It will pop up with a button that says add to library then you can download it. Just make sure to copy your user profiles over from your main computer so you don't lose your progress

76561198040594770.png

Just make sure to copy your user profiles over from your main computer so you don't lose your progress

Yeah that's the part I don't know how to do lol. I'm not the most technologically savvy individual honestly

Now you can play WaW again to switch it up instead of playing CoD4 against bots all the time! 😀

9 minutes ago, Nicktator said:

Yeah that's the part I don't know how to do lol. I'm not the most technologically savvy individual honestly

C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players\ 

you will need your players folder

Just copy that folder onto a flash drive and then move it to the new computer

76561198040594770.png

C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players\ 

you will need your players folder

Just copy that folder onto a flash drive and then move it to the new computer

And I'd just replace the new steam CoDWaW Players folder with my original players folder?

1 hour ago, SockItToYa said:

Now you can play WaW again to switch it up instead of playing CoD4 against bots all the time! 😀

Still gonna rope you in to play with some bots!! 😠

1 minute ago, Nicktator said:

And I'd just replace the new steam CoDWaW Players folder with my original players folder?

Yeah

76561198040594770.png

Yeah

Ok thank you. I'll get around to it once I get back home

Make sure to delete the retail version any copy before installing codwaw for steam or files will conflict. If you did not move anything just relax and install steam version codwaw.