Server Page Reverted Back, More testing needed for new page ×

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Public

Public

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
SockItToYa

SockItToYa’s Application

SockItToYa’s Application

Name: Luca

In-game name: SockItToYa

City: Toronto

Do you have any other games?: 

I’m definitely an FPS kind of person but I do own quite a few racing games as thats another type of genre I love playing (all classic NFS games, the GRID series, Forza Horizon series, among other games). In regards to other shooters, I’ve put a ton of hours into Battlefield. My most played ones are Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 1. I’ve also played the Bad Company games. I wish they brought the series back but apparently DICE doesn’t know why it was so popular. I’ve been trying to get into single-player games as of recently. My main one right now is the Metal Gear Solid series as I’ve always been interested in it but have never gotten to play the games when they were new.

How long have you been playing in PDE servers?: 

Almost a year now, I built my PC in February of 2019 and immediately downloaded WaW and hopped on the PDG servers. 

What are you good at? Any game skills?: 

I would say I’m pretty good in most games I play. For the Call of Duty series I’d definitely say I’m above average as thats been my main FPS since I was in middle-school. I’ve always had a KD ratio above 2 in most CoDs. My ratio on WaW PC is about a 3.5. I’m pretty good in battlefield as well. I was able to hold a decent K/D ratio (2.5ish) while also playing the objective. Rush was my main game mode and at one point I was top 500 for Rush score. For racing games I try my hardest to play as close to a simulator as possible (i.e no assists, driving lines, etc). Makes it more challenging which is what I enjoy. I’d eventually like to get a rig for those kinds of games but for now I’ll have to deal with using a controller. 

Introduce yourself: 

I’m Luca. I’ve been a gamer ever since my mom surprised one evening with a PS1 and 3 games; Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Gran Turismo 2, and FIFA 99. I’ve owned pretty much every console at least one point in my life and own all of the current generation consoles (Xbox one, PS4, and Switch). The first CoD I played was CoD4 at a friends house on his Xbox 360 I became immediately hooked. At the time, WaW had just released and the only console I had was a Wii. So my first CoD game that I owned was CoD WaW for the Wii. I think I had like 16 or 17 days played on it. At one point I was in a clan and participated in a few 4v4 Gamebattles matches, which is crazy to think about now haha. I’ve put a lot of time into WaW and thats why it’s one of my all time favourite CoD games.

Outside of gaming, I’m a sports fan. I mainly follow hockey (stereotypical Canadian here haha), Soccer (mostly the Italian league as my dad is a huge Juventus supporter and watches every league game), and basketball. 

What do you think about PDG?: 

PDG runs the best servers and allows me to relive my teen years and play one of my favourite shooters. The members are fantastic, friendly and willing to help out any way they can. I’ve met a lot of new people and have made new friends because of PDG. I’m glad I am able to give back and aid PDG in the form of keeping the servers clean. It’s the least I can do to help as PDG has given me the ultimate gift of being able play a classic CoD game after all these years that I truly enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sock I have known you for a while now; you're a good friend (one of my best on WaW) and do a solid job at keeping the servers clean. I have a lot of fun playing with you and our banter is always fun. It's good you finally took my advice and applied ;) It's a yes from me man!

giphy.gif 

Edited by Nicktator
  • Like 1

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

Sock is everything you look for in a member/player. He is very good at the game, a good and active admin who catches rule breakers regularly, and most importantly a great friend.

So of course my answer is going to be obvious: A RESOUNDING NO 

I am obviously kidding. Of course it is yes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gem Stone on emojidexTwitch  -  Twitter  -  Steam  -  YouTubeGem Stone on emojidex

I'm honestly surprised this hadn't come sooner. I love the amount of effort that was put into this application, it's what I look for in all applicants. You've grown a lot since starting and I recently had the opportunity of promoting you to admin from moderator due to your good work on keeping the servers a clean and fun place for players. I look forward to seeing how this application goes!

• Like 1

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

Thank you Nick and thank you both Simmy and Scrinn for the kind words! 

• Like 1

Yes from me, a strong player and a good admin. I seen many times you keep the server clean as a moderator over 31 ban done by him. Also a fun guy. Good luck SockItToYa for the application.

• Like 1

Sock has been here only a year? how the hell? thought he was a regular before I was one!

nice to see you here lad, good luck with app.

• Like 1

A great WaW player, always carnage when Sock's there!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Hello,

Im suprised I haven’t seen this yet.

I see very positive comments here and a great application too. Hopefully will meet you in more games than just WaW.

It’s a yes from me.

I've gotten a positive from all around so I'm proud to announce the newest member of the PDE/PDG family

Everyone welcome

[PDG]SockItToYa

I look forward to seeing great things from you 🙂

bruce willis welcome to the party GIF by IFC

• Like 3

76561198040594770.png

tumblr_m2ux7ti3aQ1r98lguo2_r2_500.gif

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and those who showed support. I'm glad to be a part of the PDG family!

Welcome buddy!

• Like 1

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

Nice job Sockitoya welcome to PDG