News Ticker
  • Welcome to PDE/PDG Forums
  • Applications are currently open for PDG.
  • New? Make an introduction post!
  • Chatbox

Do NOT ask for unbans or bans in the shoutbox, support will only be given in actual posts!

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
[PDE]PaulKersey

WAW Poll: Which Rifle Is The Best?

8 members have voted

1. 1. WAW Poll: Which Rifle Is The Best?

• Gewehr 43
    • M1 Carbine
    • STG-44
    • M1 Garand
    • SVT-40

For some reason, when I started doing this one, all I could think about is [PDE]Vandal215 in a PDE Vs PDE rifles only war going nuts with the M1 Carbine's hefty magazine. It was too much. Being that the STG-44/MP44 is the only full auto rifle here, I don't know if it's fair to include it, but I'll leave that up to y'all. Anyway, let's gooooo!

Gewehr 43

latest?cb=20120119032856

M1 Carbine

latest?cb=20120119192919

STG-44

latest?cb=20120121162704

M1 Garand

latest?cb=20120119192824

SVT 40

latest?cb=20120122064907

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

I believe M1A1 is arguably the strongest one simply because of large mag, SVT/M1A1/Gewehr are basically the same gun with different animations much like 4 bolts we have, the only oddballs are STG for being automatic and Garand for actually having recoil, unique reload mechanic and firerate cap so you cant macro with it.
as you mention, M1A1 with boxmag is stuff of legends, the only downside to that gun are ironsights sorta like on Type99, but nowhere near as bad

i like the SVT 🙃

but the best one is the M1A1, but like Mike said, the irons on it really suck the big one.  I always end up using the aperture instead of the box magazine. 

As weird as it sounds, i don't like the M1A1 (or the Gewehr in this case) due to the lack of recoil.  I guess over the years of playing this and CoD4, you just get used to compensating for recoil, and with the lack of it on the M1A1 and the Gewehr it just feels funny to me.  So that's why my preferred is the SVT. I mainly used the AK47 in CoD4, and the recoil on the SVT is similar in my opinion, so it feels right.

Posted (edited)

I think the Garand is a damn solid rifle. I use it with stopping power and it takes just two well-placed shots to drop an enemy. It's definitely not a close-quarters weapon. I don't know why people think it sucks though. Maybe cause they're using it in close-quarters, or perhaps because of the rate of fire? The M1 Carbine is good too, although in my experience of using it it takes a good amount of shots to kill an enemy. I put on stopping power with the Carbine and it seems to have improved things; you can turn it into a fully-automatic M2 if you click fast enough lol and I've done pretty well with it at times. The Gewehr I'd say is slightly better, but it and the Carbine have the least recoil which is very nice.

Like you said, the STG-44 is interesting because it's the only fully-automatic weapon in this category, and in that respect it kind feels awkward to include it, although it was the pioneer of the modern assault rifle. I think that already puts it at an advantage over the others, especially if you use stopping power with it, but I don't think it's a close-quarters weapon either. I think it feels VERY awkward firing from the hip, and I get the illusion/impression that doing so, even with steady aim, is hardly accurate at all. For instance, on the contrary the MP40 feels very solid firing from the hip; I feel like all the shots are close together, whereas with the STG I feel like it's just spraying everywhere.

Overall I'm going with the Garand.

Edited by Nicktator

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

The M1 Carbine is objectively pretty much the best since all the semi-auto rifles play nearly identical and the M1 has the largest mag out of all of them. I personally don't really have a favorite rifle because I use pretty much all the rifles equally besides the Garand. I will use one for awhile then get tired of looking at it and switch to another one of the rifles for awhile lol.

• Upvote 1

Gem Stone on emojidexTwitch  -  Twitter  -  Steam  -  YouTubeGem Stone on emojidex

No love for the SVT 40 huh hehe. Well, it's still early.

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.