News Ticker
  • Welcome to PDE/PDG Forums
  • Applications are currently open for PDG.
  • New? Make an introduction post!
  • Chatbox

Do NOT ask for unbans or bans in the shoutbox support will only be given in actual posts

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
[PDE]PaulKersey

WAW Poll: Which Machine Gun Is The Best?

10 members have voted

1. 1. WAW Poll: Which Machine Gun Is The Best?

• Type 99
    • DP-28
    • FG42
    • MG42
    • BAR
    • Browning M1919

Call Of Duty World At War has a lot of great MGs which makes it difficult to pick a 'best'. Which one of these do you run with the most to get the job done? Also, can you guess my favorite?

Type 99

latest?cb=20120122121020

DP-28

latest?cb=20120118162106

FG42

latest?cb=20120119004932

MG42

latest?cb=20120122170733

BAR

latest?cb=20120117053959

Browning M1919

latest?cb=20120119190436

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

tbh overall best imo is MG42 simply because of accuracy, firerate and recoil control being easy enough to stay on target and melt them.

I do have a soft spot for all of these however, especially type99 which is only hindered by its magazine obscuring vision

The Browning is easily the best. Its got great damage, good fire rate, and good iron sights. It has literally everything you want in a machine gun. The gun is an absolute monster especially when you tap fire with it. Picking people off across the map with it is so satisfying. 

While The Browning might be the best it isn't my favorite. My current favorite would be the FG42. It took some use but this gun has really won me over. The fire rate and lack of recoil makes it a very fun gun to use. I just wish it had an extended mag attachment. I also wish the viewmodel with it wasn't broken. Seeing a floating arm breaks the immersion lol. 

One more thing, is it just me or does the MG42 make you run slower than every other MG in the game? The MG is a good gun but I can't stand how slow you seem to run with it. If it had the same running speed as the other MGs in the game I would definitely use it. 

Gem Stone on emojidexTwitch  -  Twitter  -  Steam  -  YouTubeGem Stone on emojidex

MG42 for me. It has some moderate recoil so if you're engaging a target from a distance you can't really hold down the trigger and expect to land enough shots to drop someone, so you'll have to burst fire which helps a lot. I think rate of fire and damage are pretty great which makes it a solid machine gun to use.

I'm going to assume the MG42 and M1919 are the go-to for most people. I was using the Type 99 the other day (which along with the DP-28 is probably the machine guns I use the least) and it's actually pretty good. Good damage, barely any recoil, and the iron sights aren't that bad. I think the BAR works best with double tap, because that ROF is just too slow for a close-quarters gun fight. We're all familiar with the recoil situation (or rather lack thereof) of the FG42, so I think the only drawback of that gun is the fact you run out of ammo so quickly. I think the DP-28 kicks too much, but it seems to be somewhat popular with some people.

tumblr_pf9zh8Jkhi1thdeaeo1_400.gif

USS New Jersey (BB-62) off Korea on November 10, 1951.

10 hours ago, Mike_J92 said:

DP-28 is sorta like "easier" BAR which is arguably one of hardest weapons in the game to use effectively

Why is the BAR one of the most difficult guns to use effectively? I think it's stock slow rate of fire is really it's only major flaw. It has some recoil but that's manageable. I actually just replaced my second perk on my BAR loadout (which was Overkill) with Double Tap. That really helps a lot with that gun.

low mag size, high recoil thats fairly unpredictable, slow firerate. its basically a worse semi-auto rifle
garand is somewhat similar in that regard, high recoil and damage with low firerate as garand is the only semi-auto rifle in the game with firerate cycle cap

16 minutes ago, Mike_J92 said:

low mag size, high recoil thats fairly unpredictable, slow firerate. its basically a worse semi-auto rifle
garand is somewhat similar in that regard, high recoil and damage with low firerate as garand is the only semi-auto rifle in the game with firerate cycle cap

I think the mag on the FG42 runs out faster than the mag on the BAR tbh. That recoil is unpredictable, I'll give you that. I don't think it's that bad though. The Garand isn't that bad either. It's just not good for close quarters encounters.

The Browning is just down-right unreal when you use it correctly. The gun has great mobility, mag size, and always 2-shots from my experience. It's only downside is the reload time and maybe the ADS time.

12 hours ago, Nicktator said:

The Garand isn't that bad either. It's just not good for close quarters encounters.

garand with doubletap is one of my favourite loadouts right now because its challenging in itself to use, doubletap counters firerate cycle cap on it and when you run and gun with garand you discover another disadvantage of the gun: when you reload the gun, your ammo gets refilled late into animation, so there are moments where you thought you reloaded because clip was inserted into a gun but it still didnt refill your rounds.

regarding FG42, it sure does fire entire mag faster than BAR, but its a literal laser so people still drop like flies, BAR much like Garand has strong unpredictable recoil so landing your 2nd shot at mid-short range can be challenging unless you are silly bastard who runs doubletap+steadaim and just rushes people

I enjoy all of them, but for me the FG-42 is the best. I've had a lot if fun with it but in close second is the Type-99, such a blast to use it.

Bumping for @33rd Ward

Subscribe For Great Music!:https://bit.ly/2X0lejA | WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

On 6/14/2019 at 1:43 AM, Mike_J92 said:

garand with doubletap is one of my favourite loadouts right now because its challenging in itself to use, doubletap counters firerate cycle cap on it and when you run and gun with garand you discover another disadvantage of the gun: when you reload the gun, your ammo gets refilled late into animation, so there are moments where you thought you reloaded because clip was inserted into a gun but it still didnt refill your rounds.

regarding FG42, it sure does fire entire mag faster than BAR, but its a literal laser so people still drop like flies, BAR much like Garand has strong unpredictable recoil so landing your 2nd shot at mid-short range can be challenging unless you are silly bastard who runs doubletap+steadaim and just rushes people

How does the Garand with double tap work? How would double tap even affect a semi-automatic weapon?

DA59F0A1903093E5F2829F79BFC1E936C562B507

M1 Garand = 444 RPM x 33% = 146.52 + 444 = 590.52 RPM

Video here It is still processing in 4k but the quality is already the most best right now it will take long time for 4k. But 1080p should be ready in no time. Watch slow mo if you can't see it. Replay as many times as you can.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nicktator said:

How would double tap even affect a semi-automatic weapon?

just like Zuko demonstrated above, on top of that it affects bolt rifles and pump shotgun, but perk descriptions arent communicated properly so everyone and their mother runs with stopping power.