News Ticker
  • Welcome to PDE/PDG Forums
  • Applications are currently open for PDG.
  • New? Make an introduction post!
  • Chatbox

Do NOT ask for unbans or bans in the shoutbox support will only be given in actual posts

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
[PDE]PaulKersey

The Downfall Of Battlefield 5 - PART 1 + 2 Featuring [PDE]ChaosTheory

The Fall Of Battlefield 5, Dedicated Servers, Where They Went Wrong, Call Of Duty - PART 1

• Upvote 1

WIRE App (android, ios, windows): @Kersey | Tha Clan Song (Music Video) | Check Out Our PDE Youtube Channel

[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
[14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
[01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and shit.
[DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players
[11:16] [PDE]TAJ: i wish i could turn off the repeating message of scofields friendship story

The legendary Xfire messenger^^

Sad to see that DICE makes paying customers of Battlefield 5 a laboratory for the future development of the game. (If there is any future from right now)
In addition, I think that was planned from the beginning to gain experience and money at same time.

But it seems like that shit happens.

to maximize costs you need players to buy your products
remember how battlefield 3 didnt get mod tools? their excuse was that these would be "too hard" for players to use, and then when called out on their bullshit, they changed the tune so that "game anticheat vulnerabilities would be exposed" which is pretty damn silly considering how many cheaters were in BF3 in the first place. the real reason why tools were not released is that they wanted to release mappacks, and when you have mappacks that are priced product you are in tough spot because there are already free community maps.

then you get case of dedicated servers, these cost money as we well know, and they extend life of game, which is the reason why many old games are still being played today in their communities. reason why everyone goes for matchmaking option these days is that you can control how many dedicated servers are up and players dont get data, as empty servers are bad advertising (tf2 being called dead for few good years now for instance) and because you dont "see" a serverlist, devs can remove them as needed depending on game popularity. matchmaking also lets you do painless P2P connections where server costs are out of the window as you only care about masterserver matching players up.
this however screws us over because when devs decide that game isnt popular enough, they can shut down the servers and you are unable to play the game, therefore forcing you to buy newer installments if you wanna play something similar.

I dont think I need to touch on subject of lootboxes as thats literally skinnerbox experiment.
games are out there to maximize costs for publishers because they are damn expensive, loyal customer doesnt matter, its the new users who are important because they dont know any better.

industry sucks tbh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1