collapse

Author Topic: PDG #2 SERVER DISCUSSION - CODWAW  (Read 1417 times)

PDG #2 SERVER DISCUSSION - CODWAW
« on: December 09, 2021, 03:28:03 AM »

PDG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought we could have a discussion about the state of SERVER #2 (and probably WaW in general) that was brought to us by player jr000p and before that, talked about in bits by a few players that were on S2 a few months ago. There are more of you out there that have similar opinions. We would like to hear your thoughts and see if it's possible to come to a conclusion that would be helpful in getting S2 back on track.
SERVER #2 players SOUND OFF!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 03:58:06 AM by PDG »
[21:28] |NßK| LadyCinell: i eat kid like that all days at 4 pm
    [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: i want to eat hot dog [14:23] [PDE]TAJ: and american burger
    [01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and ****.
    [DEAD]XmohamedX4gamer: i hate this map its very very players

Re: PDG #2 SERVER DISCUSSION - CODWAW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 01:53:02 AM »

PDG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Since there are no opinions, I'll add. One of these servers may get closed. Either Server 1 or Server 2 (unless people want to donate to keep both open, which is highly unlikely). Right now, Server 2 is a special server. It's like 1, but everyone can join, including those that are having problems with the Online Profile situation. It would be the ideal main server, but it seems either a lot of people don't know it exists or they just prefer 1 for whatever reason.

For those that don't know, Steam is out of keys and this is why the population looks a bit thin. People have trouble creating an online profile. Let us know your opinions and where we should go with the servers.
    [01:33] dancingmad: Nah, but northern minnesota. Trees and paul bunyan and ****.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 08:51:50 PM »

DanDahMan

• View Profile
Out of curiosity I sent a support ticket directly to Steam just to see if I can learn anything. As much as it pains me to say, they really need to remove it from the store or mark the online as dysfunctional if they don't plan on fixing the issue.

I can't really say much about the server. I used to really enjoy getting 1000 points and having the rainbow colors pop up when I killed someone. Also, the name Skullcrack kinda sucks. At first I thought it was changed to some kind of headshot-only server. We should switch it back to PDE #2 TDM, or whatever it was.

The thing that really made the server was the folks who played on it. Without them on, it doesn't feel the same.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 08:54:39 PM by DanDahMan »

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 02:59:46 PM »

PDG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity I sent a support ticket directly to Steam just to see if I can learn anything. As much as it pains me to say, they really need to remove it from the store or mark the online as dysfunctional if they don't plan on fixing the issue.

I can't really say much about the server. I used to really enjoy getting 1000 points and having the rainbow colors pop up when I killed someone. Also, the name Skullcrack kinda sucks. At first I thought it was changed to some kind of headshot-only server. We should switch it back to PDE #2 TDM, or whatever it was.

The thing that really made the server was the folks who played on it. Without them on, it doesn't feel the same.

I think that's something we should do. It's sort-of false advertizement to keep it on the store when most buy it to go online and they expect that.
The name was a name we use years ago and it has a purpose. Server 2 is a special server where everyone can join regardless of the online profile issue. Only the ones that previously got WAW before all of this can join Server 1, although it has a higher EU population compared to NA.

* Search

* Donations

$150 MONTHLY
Looking to become a REGULAR/VIP? >>READ THIS<<
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal