collapse

Author Topic: Actual reasoning behind rules.  (Read 136 times)

Actual reasoning behind rules.
« on: April 04, 2021, 01:22:27 AM »

Oosik

• View Profile
Sup lads been playing on the server for awhile and was curious as to why the M1 Garand with a sniper scope was banned?

I never get any real reason/logic for the banning of the attachment other than:

"Some admin got dunked on and got upset"
"It has a lot of ammo"
"It's broken"

Just curious is all.

Re: Actual reasoning behind rules.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 04:36:48 PM »

Embah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Original reasoning was it promoted excessive camping. While the weapon isnt super op or anything like that, the scope does make it 1 shot kill and people were just camping / headglitching at the edge of maps without needing to move a step for the entire match since you get 120+ ammo with it, hence why people wanted to get rid of it. I think it was polled and majority wanted to remove it at the time

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 09:27:52 PM »

ThirdLegGreg

• View Profile
there was never a poll about getting rid it. just own up and say you were butthurt that ipix was using it to camp and it made the game harder for you.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »

Embah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
there was never a poll about getting rid it. just own up and say you were butthurt that ipix was using it to camp and it made the game harder for you.

There was indeed a poll about it on forums lol, the website changed host/provider some time ago hence why the old posts aren't visible anymore, I don't change or remove things on my own just because I dislike them or I would have removed stupid sht like martyrdom, jugg and type100 years ago.  :)

* Search

* Donations

$150 MONTHLY
Looking to become a REGULAR/VIP? >>READ THIS<<
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal