Welcome to PDGA/PDE

Welcome to the PDE/PDGA forums!

A New Look!

The forums have a new look! If you prefer the dark look there is a button at the bottom of the forum called theme and click QAI for the dark theme!
News Ticker
  • Excited for Battlefield V? Make to look at our topic for it!
  • Welcome to PDE/PDGA Forums
  • Applications are currently open for PDGA.
  • New Dark Theme. What do you think?
  • New? Make an introduction post!
  • Chatbox

Do NOT ask for unbans or bans in the shoutbox support will only be given in actual posts
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
[PDE]Kokomaaab

Should Tabun Gas be banned?

[POLL] Call of Duty World at War - Ban Gas?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tabun Gas be banned?

• Yes
    • No

Should Tabun Gas be banned?

It has come to my mind that gas has been misused, whenever i join this beautiful game, i feel a lot of my teammates are gassing the hell out of my ass..

It is uncontrollable. Join me in this little nice poll and share your opinion.

• Upvote 2

More often than not, whether unintentionally or intentionally, it always seems that teammates tend to gas each other rather than the other team. I have seen very few cases where me or one of my teammates got a kill specifically because of the enemy player being gassed, however I've seen at least a hundred scenarios where me or my teammates die because someone mis-threw a tabun gas. It completely kills all fun whenever I watch someone throw a gas, it hits a wall, and everyone helplessly spawns into it. It's also very repetitive on larger maps to get randomly gassed out of nowhere and you have to pointlessly sit there for 6-7 seconds while no enemies are remotely close to you. Not too sure if it would be possible, but disabling the effect of tabun gas for team-on-team interaction would solve at least most of the problems surrounding it.

• Upvote 1

Support!

High portion of the time you get tabun gassed, it's because of a clueless teammates throwing it wherever without using their brains first. It's not that bad for smaller ~6vs6 matches, but with a 40 player server the constant annoying stun effect can totally ruin your gameplay experience, especially on smaller maps. In my opinion it's a way bigger problem/inconvenience than martyrdom/rifle grenades etc.

It offers nothing positive to the game, it's just a pure annoyance and also often used for intentional griefing. Even if you only intent to stun enemy players with it, it will still effect your teammates way too often.

If there is a way to change the effect radius value to zero or some similar solution where nobody would need to be kicked/banned, then we should totally consider this. 

• Upvote 2

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

Tabun gas should be banned. I don t see players know how to use it properly. I even warn some people. It should be banned for good. Some of the players don t know much what is the meaning of tdm. They re just betraying tbh. i tried warning method it wont help. Ban it will solve the problem

also another solution is to check map size and player count when gas can be enable and disabled if its possible. For example 8 vs 8 on dome is fine. Courtyard 12 vs 12.

imo should be banned yeah ,but if you guys dont want to ban that on perma,you can ban the 3x special grenade,there are sevenal users that have that option on their classe's and just spam it

I like the idea of removing it from the 3x special grenade perk.  It's super annoying when people spam it just to troll or when teammates gas each other, but a player like OhSnapUDead uses it properly and it's a big part of his play style, so i don't think it should be banned completely.  Whenever he's on the other team and i get gassed i just wait for the knife.

• Upvote 1

isnt there an option to simply disable this equipment on server? I remember certain cod4 servers disabling some grenade types so if you loaded into game with them they were simply removed.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

The poison gas effect haven't been removed completely, but there have been slight changes made to lower it's radius and duration.

please give us feedback on what you think!

edit: server #2 is still unaffected by this change, for those who are wondering. If you want to test it go to #1 for now

Edited by [PDE]Embahh

b_160_400_2_ffffff_c5c5c5_ff9900_000000_

19 hours ago, [PDE]Embahh said:

UPDATE:

The poison gas effect haven't been removed completely, but there have been slight changes made to lower it's radius and duration.

please give us feedback on what you think!

edit: server #2 is still unaffected by this change, for those who are wondering. If you want to test it go to #1 for now

It was a good choice for this changes. There is no need to ban this anymore. Ban tabun gas woudnt be fun anymore. This is good idea

• Upvote 1